Hello and thank you for visiting the MGCHSA website. Our website is currently being renovated. Please check back in a week or so to see our great new content. Thank you for your patience as we work to serve you better!
The Middle Georgia Christian Home School Association exists to provide support to the Christian homeschool community in the middle Georgia area. We provide support by:
- Providing encouragement to Christian homeschooling families within our sphere of influence.
- Organizing field trips, social activities, educational events, parent support meetings, and similar activities for participation by family members.
- Serving as a key source of information on activities, events, and opportunities. This information is distributed through our monthly newsletter, our Facebook group, and our member email loop.
- Disseminating legislative and other information affecting the rights of parents to educate their children at home.
- Implementing whatever other programs or services are deemed necessary by the membership of this organization.
Why Should You Join MGCHSA?
As a member of the Middle Georgia Home School Association, you will be part of a vibrant community of like-minded home educators and families that actively support each other in our efforts to raise strong, balanced, and spiritually grounded young men and women with the potential to lead and influence future generations. You will have access to participate in events and activities where you can be confident that your children are interacting with a social group that will build them up, hold them accountable, and provide positive peer influence. As parents, you will have opportunities to interact with others facing the same challenges you face for mutual support and encouragement. More importantly, you will have opportunities to interact with those who have gone before you and learn from their successes and their failures. Finally, you will be supporting our efforts through this website, our newsletter, and our social media outlets to build, strengthen, and support this critical community. Click here to learn more about membership.
Statement of Faith, Family, and Education
- We believe the Holy Bible is inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes the complete and final revelation. Nothing is to be added to it, and it is the only source of divine truth. The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part (2 Timothy 3:16, Revelation 22: 18-19).
- We believe the one and only God is one in essence and eternally existent in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe all men fall short of God's righteous requirements and His holy character, both by nature and act; and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation (Romans 3:23).
- We believe that the following are absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man: regeneration by the Holy Spirit; faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, His works and atoning blood; and repentance of sins on the basis of grace alone instead of man's works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Romans 6:23).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe that the family is the basic governmental, social, and spiritual unit created by God. We understand "family" to mean male and female parents, legally married, with or without children; however, we recognize the exceptions of single parents, adopted children, foster children, and stepchildren. In the light of Hebrews 13:4, no homosexual or co-habiting partners are eligible for membership in the Association.
We believe that the ultimate responsibility for the education of children belongs to the parents. Homeschooling provides a good means to accomplish this. We support the right of parents to provide for the education of their children through home, private, Christian, and/or public schools.